All,

I'm embarking on a new attempt at blogging. Featuring brevity in text, precision in photography and tardiness in posting, First Person Dilatory will be less a record of day-to-day happenings. Instead, my hope is for a more reflective and accessible medium. Images accompanied by thoughts and anecdotes ought to provide a way to share and, in the comments section, discuss some of my experiences. With regards to posting, my intent is to catch up to the present day at some point in the future.


Newest posts are at the top of the page. I appreciate any feedback and hope you will join me in this endeavor. Please comment!


Subscription through email is available by clicking here.


From September 3, 2013


Here is an example of some of the home construction we encountered in Galena. The half-buried-barrel-filled-with-gravel approach to footings was not uncommon; we used car jacks to level a different house built the same way. During the flood, many homes were simply knocked off of their footings by the force of the water or even by passing icebergs.

No comments :

Post a Comment